Toddlers Made Easy - Episode 13
Has your toddler been telling tall tales?
If so, don’t panic! All kids stretch the truth at times, and lying is a perfectly normal part of a toddler’s development.
Even though it can be perplexing to hear your toddler tell unlikely stories, it is neither a reflection of bad character nor a sign of moral weakness! Lying is a complex skill. So, when two-year-olds do it, it is considered a sign of advanced cognitive capabilities and shows that they have an active imagination.
Despite that, we still need to teach our kids that lying is not an acceptable way to overcome problems. In this episode, we explain how to teach kids right from wrong, confidently and calmly rather than punitively, and deal with toddlers’ lies effectively, to ensure that they diminish over time! Stay tuned for more!
What you will hear:
- Why do kids under the age of three tell lies?
- What is going on in your toddler’s mind when they tell tall tales?
- Why toddlers act without thinking about consequences.
- How to consider your toddler’s behavior when they lie.
- Practical ways to promote honesty rather than punish your toddler for lying.
- Why you should focus on the solution, not the problem.
- How to help your kids become more inclined to admit their mistakes.
Links and Resources:
Get the free cheat sheet: TEACH KIDS ABOUT HONESTY
Follow Dr Cathryn on Instagram: @healthiest_baby
TODDLERS MADE EASY course
Check out our course: Toddlers Made Easy Course
WEEKLY PARENTING INSIGHTS
Sign up for our FREE weekly parenting tips: Baby School In Bite-Sized Chunks I'll send you a short weekly e-mail with a clear and solid parenting insight that will CALM your nerves, SAVE you frustration, and UP your confidence. bit.ly/joinbabyschool
Rate, Review, & Follow on Apple Podcasts ❤️❤️❤️
If this sounds like you: "I love Toddlers Made Easy." <-- please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps me support more parents -- just like you.