Overcoming Toddler Fears: Building Resilient Little Ones
Fears can be formidable for toddlers to face! Particularly so before they have formed the skills to express themselves fully.
Fear is a survival mechanism that protects us from danger. Yet it can be overwhelming and confusing for toddlers. Toddlers depend on structure and routine to feel safe, so when something unexpected happens, they may become fearful.
As adults, it is easy to forget how scary the world can seem from a toddler’s point of view. Fear is a perfectly normal part of any toddler's development. But even so, their fears can sometimes be exhausting, frustrating, or even inconvenient for us to cope with as parents.
Today, I explore toddlers’ fears and dive into what you can do to help your little one manage and overcome their fears. Stay tuned to learn strategies to empower your child to accept their fears and make space to overcome them.
- Why do toddlers have fears?
- How thinking around parenting has changed since earlier generations.
- Why it is essential for children to feel heard and understood.
- Why children must be allowed to feel all their feelings, including those that make us uncomfortable.
- Things we should avoid saying to kids when they are fearful.
- How to let your child know you see them and care about their feelings and fears.
- Why there is no need for parents to offer solutions or rescue their children.
- What happens when you negate a child’s feelings?
- How to diffuse a situation when strong feelings arise.
- How sharing stories, narrating situations, and talking about feelings helps empower children to overcome their fears.
Learn the proven strategies to help you deal with your toddler in a way that lets you be the best parent you can be. We've got 2 new courses to help you navigate these tricky times!
Toddlers Made Easy
Potty Training Made Easy
Sign up today!
Links and resources:
Follow Dr. Cathryn on Instagram: @healthiest_baby
Check out our bestselling online course: Toddlers Made Easy Course
Our NEW Potty Training Made Easy course is here!
Get the Dynamic Duo: Toddler Tamining + Potty Training courses and save $20
Does potty training terrify you? Discover 5 Must-Do’s Before Starting Potty Training. Get our free guide and empower your child. Set the path for success!
Watch our FREE Tame Tantrums workshop and stay calmer with tricky toddler moments.
Rate, Review, & Follow ❤️❤️❤️
If this sounds like you: "I love Toddlers Made Easy." <-- please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps me support more parents -- just like you.